Friday, March 16, 2007

Say It Right



Witness My Favorite Creatrixes Dominating:

Sylvia Plath

Kiss me and you will see how important I am.

Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air

Dorothy Parker

Razors pain you; Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give;
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Anne Sexton

You are a roast beef I have purchased
and I stuff you with my very own onion.

As for me, I am a watercolor.
I wash off.

Unto the bellies and jaws
of rats I commit my prophecy and fear.
Far below The Cross, I correct its flaws.

Marge Piercy

The will to be totally rational
is the will to be made out of glass and steel:
and to use others as if they were glass and steel.

Tori Amos

God, sometimes you don’t come through. Do you need a woman to get to you?

Everybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon.

Boys are cute, but food is cuter.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
I have forgotten, and what arms have lain
Under my head till morning; but the rain
Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh
Upon the glass and listen for reply

Margaret Cho

I went through this whole thing, you know. I was like: Am I gay? Am I straight? And then I realized I'm just slutty. Where's my parade? What about Slut Pride?

1 comment:

Olga said...

I love Sylvia Plath! She was amazing and she wrote wonderful poems!