Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Little Brain Feedings



Readers, I am usually more regular with my posts. My apologies. Divine inspiration has been in short supply these days. My right brain has suffered from an incredible lack of creative motivation lately. Instead, I have immersed myself in partnership tax returns, charitable donations, stock sales, housing allowances for ministers, standard mileage rates, pre-tax health care deductions, medical expenses over 7.5% of AGI, sale of business properties, recapturing depreciation, corporate liquidations, imputing interest on shareholder loans, SEP’s, 401K’s, Traditional and Roth IRAs, and don’t forget… e-filing! Did you want to e-file your taxes this year????!!!!!

FUCK!

The mental stimulation I do get in between the hustle and bustle has consisted of the following:

Cosmos and Psyche by Richard Tarnas
(not a light read by any means, I’m still mulling over the first chapter)

Short stories about travel in the Czech Republic

A History of Budapest

The Balkan Conflict

The Kosovo War

The 1986 Chernobyl Disaster (the environmental and psychological consequences)

The Seat of the Soul (I have an affinity for cheesy new age spirituality stuff.)

There is also my third “Blessings from the Past” collection of short stories, random musings, and poems to finish.

Oh yeah, and my class. Did I forget to say I start teaching again on April 10th? My whole class needs to be gutted and re-worked for the new approach I want to implement this spring/summer.

And, yes, I did remember to mail my uncle a birthday card too.

All in a day’s work, my friend, all in a day’s work.

Other items of note: I just heard this damn catchy tune on satellite radio, and to my surprise, I haven’t heard of this artist before.

Check out Amy Winehouse here.

And lastly, to a girl who told me not to forget to:


Hey buddy, come get your shit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sing it Girl. And tell that weak ass Tyrone that you cancelled his pathetic account! MMmmHHHmmm!