Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Economics of Ass

Businessman in Water: Chuck Carlton

“Her good looks could've sailed a ship
but her will alone could've sunk it
Funny thing about money for sex
you might get rich, but you'll die by it”
~Close Call: Rilo Kiley


Hello my little goblins, Happy Halloween. It’s been a few days since my last confession, and I’ve been very sinful. Losing one’s soul is exhausting work. And, in true Sally Slut form, my favorite holiday did not disappoint. So, even though the light in my eyes is just a flicker and my skin is still on fire, I come bearing gifts. I’m your supplier, your dope dealer, or, should I say... sex dealer. I’ll sell myself to you for practically nothing and ask for very little in return. I’m an economist’s nightmare. I’ll offer you my ass for free. I’m the girl who won’t say no.

In a capitalist society, the law of supply and demand dictates the cost and availability of scarce resources. Men demand the booty, and women supply it. However, most men have the distinct feeling booty is not bountiful. And, if they do have a chance to fuck, they often retreat because of the emotional entrenchment (i.e. drama). Women expect something for their effort, which is why sex with a woman who doesn’t charge is relatively unheard of. Even though the cute little hottie you met at the bar is probably not a paid slut, one should not assume there won’t be a price to pay. There is no free lunch. If you take hottie home and fuck her like a call girl, she will most likely demand remuneration whether it’s emotional (a new relationship!) or actual money (dinner n’ a movie- reverse courtship style.)

It’s very seldom, then, that one finds a whore, whether she’s paid or not, who will fuck you for free. It screws up the system. If you don’t believe me, analyze the failure of Regan’s “voodoo economics” (supply-side economic theory) in the 1980’s. The idea was the wealthy, who received the benefits of the tax cuts, would eventually share their bounty with the less fortunate. The benefits, thus, would “trickle-down” to average folks and we’d all revel in our richness. The crux of the failure revolved around the concept of the “Free Share.” Were the rich (booty plentiful) really going to share with the poor pathetic (men) folk out of the kindness of their hearts?

Those who have lordship over resources (the booty) have the power. Since history and economic hardship has taught women to bargain with their bodies, power is not surrendered easily. And, if it is surrendered, it almost always has a price. Demand may increase when a woman offers her body at a discount until a certain point is reached. High quality shoppers will have moved on a long time ago, and, even the low-end buyers will scratch their heads in confusion when a seller gives away their goods for free. What’s the point? Where’s the value? Is this a liquidation sale?

Essentiality, this is the power struggle men and women find themselves in. Men want the booty to be more available, while women instinctively understand demand drives price standards. Whores who willingly spread themselves out under random strangers for nothing undermine the system. Radical sluts understand the system is fucked up. They know men & women would enjoy each other a lot more if the market crashed. Yes, some stockbrokers may plummet to their death from great heights when the structure collapses, but, a new freedom will surface in its place.

We are constantly told there is a shortage of resources on this planet. We cling tightly to our treasured possessions. Whether it’s our bodies, partners, or standard of living, it’s difficult to let go of the power associated with acquiring. Yet, it’s the ability to relate to ourselves, partners, and the world at large which ultimately suffers if we do not. Sex doesn’t have to be a means to an end or another bargaining tool laid flat when we reveal our hand.

Sex can be offered freely as a healing gift to others in service.

Fuck the markets. This ain’t no exchange. ~SS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Sally,

You have spoken to something I felt back when I was in my twenties. I was the whore giving it away for free. I did so because I loved sex. I loved men. I loved their smell, their warmth, their skin, their balls. I loved fucking and orgasm and the whole exciting thing of doing it with a stranger. This was pre-AIDS. My own older brother got mad at me because I was so willing to give it away. He wanted me to charge for it and make money off it. To me, sex was sacred even then, even before I learned about Pagan ideas about sex. Innately I felt the sacredness of that physical joining right along with the giggling and fun of it. I always felt like I was imparting a gift to the guys I fucked so willingly. I got an orgasm and they got an orgasm, how was that not a wonderful experience? Why should money have to get involved in that happy mutual gift giving? Interestingly enough, every guy I gave to was infinitely gentle with me, very wanting to please and so nice about it all. This was a far cry from the way many women that "charge" for it told me they experienced it. By giving freely, I set the tone and the guys were not using me, they were enjoying our mutual fun together. It was far better than the sordid, used feeling I would have had if I had expected some payment for the sex.

Thank you so much for writing this, you are saying what needs to be said!

Carrie H

Anonymous said...

"Sex can be offered freely as a healing gift." I think I'm going to needlepoint that on a sofa cushion. Are you Venus in Virgo, by any chance? Cause I am, and that's where I find our kind is often coming from. Love,

SallySunshine said...

Hi Carrie,

Yes, AIDS changed the landscape. I have been relatively sheltered from it because I live in a small community in the Midwest. But, that doesn't mean the fear is not there. I often think about how wonderful it would be if there were no consequences born out of our sexual conquests. What a world that would be, indeed.

And I too haven't felt particularly "used"..I've been lucky- like you have. Most of the men I've slept with have treated me as their sacred object- which is not only an honor, but also- fucking hot.

Yours in freedom,
Sally S.

SallySunshine said...

Capitol Cougar,

Thanks for checking in!

"Are you Venus in Virgo, by any chance? "

No, I am not. But, good guess. Virgo is the sign of service, as I'm sure you are aware. ;)

xo, Sal.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]WBooIIK[/url] - fZnYxnzqyCpmDzFs , http://hhmgziigpu.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]MooQAilJYrnXM[/url] - mkiaGQG - http://iluubcb.com